The Nuremberg Code was developed during the Nazi Doctors’ Trial in Nuremberg so that the horrors committed by the Nazis on the human body would not be repeated. I logically deduce from this that any decision, political or otherwise, that violates the Nuremberg Code is Nazi in essence.
The Nuremberg Code The Nuremberg Code is an extract from the criminal judgment handed down on August 19-20, 1947 by the American Military Tribunal (acting within the framework of international provisions) in the “doctors’ trial”. This is the list of ten criteria used by the Tribunal to assess the lawful or unlawful nature of the human experiments with which the twenty-three accused are accused, most of them doctors. Here is all of it:
The Nuremberg Code Here is an extract from the criminal judgment handed down on August 19-20, 1947 by the American Military Tribunal (acting within the framework of international provisions) in the “doctors’ trial”. This is the list of ten criteria used by the Tribunal to assess the lawful or unlawful nature of the human experiments with which the twenty-three accused are accused, most of them doctors. Here is all of it:
- The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person concerned must have the legal capacity to consent; that it must be placed in a position to exercise a free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, coercion, deception, deception or other underhand forms of coercion or coercion; and that she must have sufficient knowledge and understanding of what it entails, so that she can make an informed decision. This last point requires that, before accepting a positive decision by the test subject, he should be made aware of: the nature, duration, and purpose of the experiment; the methods and means by which it will be carried out; all the inconveniences and risks that can be reasonably expected; and the consequences for his health or person, which could possibly arise as a result of his participation in the experiment. The obligation and responsibility to assess the quality of consent falls on each person who takes the initiative to, directs or works on the experiment. This is a personal obligation and responsibility that cannot be delegated with impunity;
- The experience must be such as to produce results which are beneficial for the good of society, impossible to obtain by other methods or means of study, and not random or unnecessary in nature;
- The experiment must be constructed and based in such a way on the results of animal experiments and knowledge of the natural history of the disease or other problem under study, that the expected results justify carrying out the experiment
- The experiment must be conducted in such a way that unnecessary suffering and injury, physical and mental, is avoided;
- No experiment should be conducted when there is a priori reason to believe that death or disabling injury will occur; except, perhaps, in those experiments where the experimental physicians also serve as subjects;
- The level of risk to be taken should never exceed that of the humanitarian importance of the problem to be solved by the experiment;
- Measures must be taken and the means provided to protect the test subject against the eventualities, however slight, of injury, infirmity or death;
- The experiments should only be performed by scientifically qualified persons. The highest degree of professional competence must be demanded throughout the experience, from all those leading or participating in it;
- In the course of the experiment, the human subject must be free to terminate the experiment if he has reached a physical or mental state in which the continuation of the experiment seems impossible to him;
- In the course of the experiment, the scientist in charge of it must be ready to interrupt it at any time, if he has been led to believe – in the exercise of good faith, of the competence of the highest level and careful judgment that are required of him – that a continuation of the experiment could result in injury, disability or death to the test subject.
The pharmaceutical lobby
But first, I would like to give the French translation of the word lobby: corruption!
In Africa For many years, some media have reported how pharmaceutical companies practice their trials on Africans, especially young people, in total violation of the Nuremberg Code. This article in Le Monde diplomatique entitled “Africa, Big Pharma’s guinea pig” begins as follows: “Attracted by low costs and low controls, pharmaceutical companies are testing their products in Africa, with no regard for patient safety. Faced with the multiplication of accidents, some tests had to be interrupted. These drifts reveal how drug manufacturers use the populations of the South to solve the health problems of the North. “
In this regard, I also recommend reading the book by John Le Carré adapted to the cinema “A constant gardener” or “La constance du jardinier”. It is certainly a fiction, but we know what fiction owes to reality in John Le Carré.
But it is not just Africa that is the victim of the corrupting power of pharmaceutical companies. Some media attest to the scandals emanating from this industry. For example, in the Dépakine case: more than 14,000 pregnant women were exposed, causing deformities in more than 4,000 children.
These few examples clearly show that the action of pharmaceutical companies contravenes the Nuremberg Code, in Articles 1 and 5 in particular. The action of these firms, through their networks of corruption, is therefore essentially Nazi.
The media, watchdogs, are preparing us for the announcement of a mandatory vaccination against the current coronavirus Covid-19. If this were to happen, it would directly contravene Article 1 of the Nuremberg Code. Right now, some governments seem to be backing down. Perhaps the example of Denmark gives them pause. Indeed, the mass protests of the Danish people made the government back down on this issue.
In addition, we learn that in Great Britain Prime Minister Boris Johnson announces that he is dedicated to not being vaccinated before someone more in need than him. In France, Macron announces that the government is not a priority for vaccination. Would these people be great lords or would the proposed vaccines simply be unreliable at all to the point of contravening Articles 2 and 3 of the Nuremberg Code. All this smacks of the spirit of Nuremberg, but on the side of the accused.
Once again, this episode shows us the totalitarian drift that continues to accelerate, and more generally in “democracies”. The note of hope that we can all the same raise is that this crisis will have cleared the majority of our compatriots, We are slowly but surely approaching the stoichiometric conditions for a profound change in our societies to occur .